Tzatziki is a great side dish, it is often made with a heavy fat source and need a lot of planning, but we have a lean recipe we want to share with you, so you can hit those macros!
What you need:
- 1 whole cucumber
- 3 dl of greek yogurt 2% fat or protein yogurt (important thing is that fat is low)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs if you got some, we used some basil
What to do:
- First, peel the cucumber (you can also skip this step, we do this if we can’t get our hands on organic cucumber + we think it tastes better without the cucumber skin)
- Grate the cucumber, but only grate until you reach the core, since the core is where most of the water is you want to skip it for this recipe (usually with tzatziki the cucumber has to rest for a while so water can pour off, but in this recipe, by not adding the cucumber core you can skip this part)
- Cut the garlic cloves
- Add yogurt to the cucumber
- Presh the garlic cloves using a garlic press and add in to the mix
- Add salt and pepper according to your own taste
- Stir it all together
- Add some fresh lime
Ready to serve!?
Tzatziki is excellent with pretty much everything that’s been on a barbeque, but especially tasty with salmon or chicken (even if it hasn’t been on a BBQ..), and with this lean version you can almost eat as much as you’d like…
PS. This one you can easily stored in the fridge over night.