Food prepping is a huge part of our lives when we are dieting and also when we’re not. We know food prepping pays off but it can be so time-consuming.
When we’re not dieting we food prep to make our days more efficient and to ensure that we still get the right amounts of protein, fat, and carbs.
This is why we have made this 5-minute food prep, it will take you less than 5 minutes to prepare and about 30min to cook in the oven.
When you food prep you should use an oven, that way you can do other things while it’s being cooked! Genius!
Another thing is that it should also be easy to make it in large batches so you have enough food through the whole week.
We normally wait to prepare the single meals themselves to both save refrigerator space, get more flexibility and ensure fresh greens.
We store the cooked food in large glass containers, then when we make the meals themselves we just take the right amount to match our macros.
Either we do it the night before or in the morning. We only pre-cook and food prep (in large batches) hot food so to speak, e.g. chicken, sweet potato, rice, stew etc. Because then we add fresh-cut greens when we make the portions, we have found that this way the greens are kept fresher and they’re tastier.
When we make the meals we also add some olive oil, avocado, sour cream, or cheese to add some fat.
Here is one of our favorite meals to food prep!
What you need for food prep:
- Sweet potato
- Chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of 2% fat yoghurt
What to do:
- Preheat the oven at 225°C/437°F (hot air)
- Put the sweet potatoes (if big cut them in half) on baking sheet and put them in the oven
- Take out the sweet potatoes when they start to caramelise on the surface, about 30-45 minutes depending on size
If you’re tired of sweet potato this barbeque potato salad can be a refreshing alternative! However, this takes a bit more active cooking, but can be worth it!!
- Slice up your chicken breast (not too small beacuse it will get dry, just small enough so it will cook faster) in thin slices (about 1-2 cm wide and 5 cm long)
- Mix a table spoon of olive oil, 1 cup of yoghurt and seasoning of your choose in a large bowl (make sure you’re compliant with your macros)
- Add the pre cut chicken breasts and blend it all well together
- Lay the chicken brest slices evenly over an baking sheet and put them in the oven
- Cook for 5 minutes (depends on the size but goes super fast)
How to store:
Keep both the chicken and the sweet potato in the fridge but in different containers!
Let both the chicken and the sweet potato rest and cool off before you put it in the fridge.
Voilá, your food prep is done! Now all you need to do is take what you need for your meals and slice up what you want of veggies 🤩
Happy cooking 👩🍳