This tasty and healthy banana bread recipe ensures a super tasty and we must admin semi-healthy (due to the amount of carbs..but if you’re on the carb train, then no problem ?) treat! It is easy and fast to make and I promise that whether you make it for yourself, your partner or to have people over it will be a winner ?
One important thing to be attentive to here, it is a liiiitle high on carbs, so keep that in mind when you dig in ?
What you need
- 4 bananas (as ripe as possible)
- 2,5 dl Whole wheat flour
- 1dl Coconut flour
- ,5dl honey
- ,5dl melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanila extract
- 1/2 salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon (I’m a huge fan of cinnamon if you’re not cut down to 1tsp)
How to do it
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease the bread pan, ours is silicone, that way I don’t need that much grease. We use this one and it is great to reduce the amount of fat you use while cooking.
- Mash the bananas.
- Then add the eggs, honey, coconut oil (make sure it’s chilled so the eggs doesn’t get «cooked») and vanilla.
- Mix it all together.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, coconut flour and whole wheat flour, mix it all together.
Tip, I used a rubber spatula, that worked great.
- Put it all in the bread pan and leave it in the oven for about 40-50 min. Make sure you don’t leave it in for too long, you do not want this to be dry.
- You can also add daim, chocolate or whatever in the batter, but remember that increases the macros?
- Macros (about): P 48, F 82, C 240 ?
- 10 pieces each about P 5, F 8, C 24
Let us know if you like it!
Shop our kitchen
Do you want to learn more about the stuff we use for cooking and in general to make our lives easier? If so, check out the things we use to make our lives easier.
Get our free cookbook
Get our top five healthy and delicious breakfast recipes that will fuel your body here.