Casein mousse can be notoriously tricky to get perfect, we know, we have experimented a lot! But this avocado and strawberry casein mousse makes up for all the poor ones. It is super good and refreshing and we hope you like it. A lot of people don’t think of using avocado in smoothies, mousses or cakes, but avocado is actually a fruit and it is very refreshing when combined with the right food sources.
We saved some banana slices, blueberries for topping, and we also added some walnuts and/ or pumpkin seeds for some extra taste and to get in that evening fat before bedtime.
Table of Contents
What you need:
- 80g of frozen avocado
- 30g of frozen blueberries
- 35g of casein of your choosing (we went for strawberry milkshake)
- Banana for topping
- 20g Walnuts
- about 1 dl of cold water
How to do it:
- Measure up all the ingredients, except from the walnuts, pumpkin seeds and remember to save some banana and blueberries
- Put all the ingredients, except water, in a blender or magic bullet. we prefer to use a magic bullet, just because it’s easy to use and clean, and it doesn’t take up much space. If you click this link you can get a nice set with different ups.
- Add about 2/3 of the water
- Blend it all
- Add the rest of the water, you’d want to add water slowly so you don’t add too much. Too much water and it will become more like a juice than a mousse.
How to serve:
Put the finished mousse in a bowl and add your toppings.
I recommend cutting the banana in small slices, blueberries, walnuts and/ or pumpkin seeds can just be drizzled on top. Pumpkin seeds are a great alternative if you’re allergic to nuts.
- 0g of Carbohydrates in the mousse, the amount of carbohydrates depends on how much banana and strawberry you use
- 25g of fat w/ topping
- 35g of protein
If you are looking for more casein inspiration you can try this raspberry casein smoothie bowl.