Looking for a twist to your rice? We often make rice with tomato and onions, its inspired by a Lebanese dish called tabbouleh which usually is made with bulgur, it goes perfectly with all kinds of meat and fish, and we promise it tastes so much better than you’d first think! Test our Tabbouleh with a twist!
What you need:
- Red onions
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh chili
- ½ Orange or lemon
What to do:
- Boil the rice until done and cool it down after
- Chop the onions into small pieces (remember you´re going to eat them raw)
- Slice the orange in two and sqeeze the juice over the onions using a juicer (this is to make the onion more round in the taste, leave it for 15-20 min, or whatever time you have)
- Slice the tomatoes in small pieces
- Chop the chili in small pieces
- Chop the cilantro
- Add everything in a bowl, except from the rice, add the rice when it’s cooled down
- Stir it carefully together and VOILA it’s done!
How to serve:
This goes great with any kind of red meat, chicken or turkey. We recommend that this is served the same day as the tomato can become a little tired if kept in the fridge for too long.
That being said, we have used left overs for food prep (for the next day), and that worked out just super. What is better than spice up your food box with something tasty as Tabbouleh with a twist!