Happen to have some baked sweet potato lying around? If not I strongly recommend you to bake some asap! Because then you can make these delicious pancakes?
All you need to make these paleo-friendly sweet potato protein pancakes is, you guessed it, sweet potato, eggs or egg white, casein, whey, and some seasoning.
This recipe does not take any more time than other pancakes, the only thing is that the sweet potato has to be baked in advance. Otherwise, you have to add an extra hour. If you want to learn how to bake the perfect sweet potatoes take a look at the bottom of this recipe.
Table of Contents
What you need (for 1 person)
- 100g baked sweet potato?
- 3 eggs or 150g of egg white?
- Vanilla extract
- 15g whey or casein of your taste ?
How to do it
- Remove the skin from the sweet potato, put the potato in a magic bullet, mixer or bowl. You can also mash the potatoes with a spoon or fork and mix by hand if you don’t have a mixer
- Preheat the cooking pans (use a non-stick or a ceramic pan), use coconut fat or PAM Coconut Cooking spray to make sure that the pancakes wouldn’t stick to the pan
- Add egg or egg whites
- Add the casein and whey, mix it all together
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix again
- If the batter is even and resembles a pancake batter, only a little thicker, it’s ready
- When you cook them, make sure they are not too thick. If they’re too thick it’s easy for them to be burned on the outside but raw on the inside?
Want to see how you make these pancakes? Check out our YouTube video ?
How to bake the perfect sweet potato
- Preheat the oven at 220 degrees
- Make a cut in the sweet potato’s skin
- Put the sweet potato in the oven (recommend to bake several at once)
- Let it bake for around 1 hour depending on size
- When you can insert a knife (or similar) with no resistance it’s finished
This can be done in advance. The baked sweet potatoes can be stored in the fridge for days.
How to serve
These pancakes are best served smoking warm with your favorite berries or fruit on the side. You can also add some jam, greek yogurt or a dash of honey, all depends on your macros of course ?