Are you having friends or family over, but don’t know what to cook because you want to cook something nice while staying true to your diet and macros? No need to despair, this meal is made for this predicament. It tastes delicious while you stay within your macros, this is a true feast!
For this meal you want tender meat, with lamb (and all animals really..) the best way to get that is if the animals eat their natural food sources, in this case grass and other fauna, and move around freely in the mountains and work those muscles. As strong believers in animal well-fare we believe that a happy animal with a good life is important. This is also why we have a policy in our house to never throw away any animal products, it all has to be eaten.
Table of Contents
What you need:
- Lamb tenderloin
- Jerusalem artichoke
- 1 tspn olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Jerusalem artichoke – what to do:
- Heat up the airfryer
- Clean and cut the jerusalem artichoke into 4 equal size pieces, cur from “stem” to “stem” and put them in a bowl
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper
- Put them in the airfryer and cook them or 20 min, if you don’t have an airfryer you can put them in the oven on hot air
Lamb tenderloin – what to do:
- Preheat the pan
- Clean the lamb and add salt and pepper according to own taste
- Cook on each side on medium high temperature for a couple of minutes only
- Remove from pan and let it rest
Broccolini – what to do:
- Preheat the pan
- While the meat rest clean the broccolini
- Fry them for a couple of minutes, on very hot temperature
Mushroom – what to do:
- Cut the mushroom into 4 pieces
- Fry for about 5 minutes in pan on high temperature
How to serve:
- When the meat has rested for a bit slice it up. It is important to let the meat rest, this will ensure that even though it’s not cooked all the way through it’s not so much blood.
- We prefer serving this dish with the above mentioned sides, broccolini, mushroom and jerusalem artichoke, because then we keep it lean while high in protein. However, if you want more carbs you can for example serve it with hasselback sweet potato or sweet potato fries.
The lamb has a total of:
Protein 20,4 g
Carbohydrates 0 g
Fat 3,8 g
We hope that now you won’t hesitate to invite people over even though you’re on a diet.
Shop our kitchen
Do you want to learn more about the stuff we use for cooking and in general to make our lives easier? If so, check out the things we use to make our lives easier.
Get our free cookbook
Get our top five healthy and delicious breakfast recipes that will fuel your body here.