So, we want to share this little treat with you. This is the perfect side dish to make your healthy meal both look and taste fantastic! Are you having friends over, a date, or maybe want to impress your significant other, or maybe you just want to eat something really good? Then this hasselback sweet potato is definietely for you!
This takes about the same time as baking sweet potato, so don’t underestimate the time on this one! We did that the first time we made it, and lets just say that raw sweet potato does not taste very well..
What you need to make Hasselback sweet potato:
- 1 medium sweet potato per person
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Some finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt for serving
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/430°F
- Make a series of slices along each potato, slicing almost all the way through (use chopsticks on both sides as stopper so the knife will stop when you reach them, that way you won’t cut too deep).
- Blend the oil, rosemary, the salt and the pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mix all over the potatoes, use a pastry brush to make sure it gets in between the slices.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet or in an overproof dish and roast until the center of the potatoes are tender and the outside is crisp, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Halfway through the roasting time, remove the potatoes from the oven and run a fork gently across the tops of the potatoes, using light pressure, you want to “fan” the slices and separate them from one another.
How to serve:
This can be served with and however you like! We had it together with some medium cooked lamb but it also fits well with some chicken, maybe our Apple chicken or the Slow cooked whole chicken. We also sprinkled some sea salt on top and had some creme fraiche on the side to dip the slices in. Absolutely fantastic!!
Happy cooking & enjoy!