Getting tired of the same old beef taco? Or maybe you’re tired of chicken and rice? Or perhaps you’re just looking for a more lean version of your normal taco?
Well, here is the chicken taco! 🌮
It is the perfect Friday dinner after a long work week and a great training session.
Super fast and, of course, delicious 🤤
All you need is chicken, tortillas and some vegetables of your own choice.
What you need
- Chicken, either chicken breast, chicken breast slices or chicken thigh filet.
Remember that chicken thigh has a lot more fat in it than chicken breast does.
- Tortillas/ Wraps
- Vegetables: You can use whatever vegetables you want, we tend to use:
- Lettuce or similar
- Red peppers
- Green Onion
- Chili & garlic to cook the chicken
What to do
- Cut the chili, garlic and all the vegetables
- Cook the chicken with garlic, chili, salt, and pepper.
You can cook the chicken either in a pan or in the oven. If you cook the chicken in the oven you should cook it with a thermometer so it doesn’t get dry, cook to 68-70ºC. Also if you have the macros to spare adding some olive oil and/or sriracha sauce is a great idea 😉
- When the chicken is done, cut it into pieces.
- Heat up the wraps either in a preheated pan or in the oven (we often use the grill function for this)
- If you have the macros for it, adding a little bit of cheese on the wraps is super good!
Put it on either when the wraps are in the pan or oven so that it melts 😋
- Put all the vegetables and chicken in the wrap. Squeeze over some lime, and it is ready to eat!!
How to serve
I really like to serve this with just a little bit of lime, it adds a bit of an edge, and a little more excitement to the taco.
Also, if you have the time and want to, homemade salsa o goes great with this! We have a super easy homemade salsa recipe 😋